Chocolate Chunk cookies with sea salt and Thyme
Servings 24 cookies
- 3/4 cup unbleached bread flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 sticks butter cold and in small cubes
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz semisweet chocolate chunks
- 5 oz dark chocolate chunks
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- water in small spray bottle
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare sheet pans – line with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together the bread flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and fresh thyme leaves. Set aside.
In a food processor cream the butter until smooth.
Gradually add the brown sugar, white sugar, and molasses to the butter, mixing until fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Mix in the dry ingredients on pulse and then pulse in the chocolate chunks until well-distributed.
Roll about two tablespoon of dough into a ball and drop onto parchment paper lined pan.
Flatten slightly leaving room between cookies to spread a little.
10. Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt on each cookie and mist lightly with water.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until the edges are just turning brown. Let them set up on the pan for about 2 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack.