Cooking with Nettle
1. One of the simplest ways to use fresh nettle is to cook it in your favorite soup recipe or simply boil it in a vegetable stock and serve as a side dish with a little herb butter.
2. Use it in recipes of your own in place of spinach. Some of my favorite ways to use it are adding it into a quiche, tart, scrambled eggs or tofu for an iron-rich breakfast. You can find out more about its health benefits here.
Check out the Nettle Soup recipe here.
Here are some great recipes using nettle
A cleaver way to get little ones or hesitant adults to eat it is by putting it into some desserts. Some wonderful recipes are Nettle Shortbread Cookies, Nettle and Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing or Nettle Fruit Rollups. Use a basic fruit roll up recipe and add pureed nettle.
Some other ways to use nettle daily
3. Nettle beer and nettle infused vodka are a couple of ways to have some fun with this herb. I’m definitely going to try the infused vodka and make some unique tasty drinks. I’ll create a few recipes and put them here soon.
4. You can make a tincture using fresh or dried nettle. Taking the tincture can help relieve allergy symptoms or act as a liquid multivitamin.
5. Personal care products can also be made using nettle. Nettle shampoo, a hair rinse or a face wash are a few ways to use it. Add it to a homemade shampoo recipe. Make a strong tea to use as a face wash or hair rinse. Using it this way can be helpful for eczema, a skin toner and even a mouthwash. Relaxing in a nettle infused bath is another way to reap the benefits of this herb. Simply put about 1/4 cup of dried nettle into a cotton drawstring pouch and let it float in your warm bath water. Your skin will absorb it into your body.